How to get motivated to workout?
Why do you need to be motivated to workout in the first place? Well, that’s a good question and the short answer is, motivated people get stuff done! Motivation drives you to finish what you start and often guides you through until the task is completed. All too often once the motivation is gone the goal dies along with it.
Here we will give some of our top tips on how to get motivated to workout. Also, at the end of the post we will share some easy workouts that you can do at home for a great full body workout.
One of the first things you will need to do is establish a goal. Knowing where you are going is an important part of the process, setting miles stones will be an important part of your success and will allow you to track your progress and evaluate your plan.
A simple goal for now would be just working out. Nothing more than that is a good start, can you commit to simply working out for 10 minutes a day 7 days a week? These don’t have to be hard workouts and can be as easy as you’d like. The important part is committing to exercise every day.
Here are some of our top tips on how to get motivated to workout:
- Progress and improvements – You will get a big boost in confidence when you see small changes. It proves that you are making progress and this makes it easier to stay the course. Record your workouts, take body weight and measurements. Make sure you have a way to record if you’re making improvements.
- Tell someone your plan – I set higher expectations for myself when I know others are watching. WARNING! There is a fine line between getting others help and opening yourself up to criticism, if you have someone else helping you with this make sure they understand their role is for support and not to tell you when you screw up!
- Invite someone to join you – Some people work better in groups! Is there anyone in your life who might be in the same situation and want to join you? Having a workout buddy will be a huge motivator knowing you have another person relying on you.
- A body in motion stays in motion – Try not to sit down or get settled in once you get home for the day. Instead start working out immediately so you’ll be done and guilt free. This way you don’t have to try to pry yourself off the couch and away from the TV.
- Do something you enjoy – Do a workout you really enjoy when you’re feeling sluggish, this will make it easier to motivate yourself. Not every workout needs to be super hard and having an easy back up workout will be a life saver.
- Positive reinforcement – Give yourself a small reward after each workout or a larger reward after you’ve done a week of consistent workouts. This will help you feel better about what you are doing and will give another smaller goal to work towards.
Want more motivation in your ear holes?
Check out our podcast where you can hear our conversation on how to get motivated to workout. Under Ten Fitness Podcasts
Get free workouts sent to your email and sign up for our mailing list!
And as always remember – Stay Motivated!
10-minute full body workouts at home
My experience with 10-minute full body workouts at home:
I absolutely love the freedom of working out at home! As a busy business owner, husband and a new dad my priorities have shifted. Working out and going to the gym used to be the number 1 on my to-do list however, now with a beautiful wife and daughter I don’t have the time to go to the gym like I used to. Honestly, I don’t want to be at the gym and away from my family but I also don’t want to get fat. This is where 10 minute full body workouts at home saved me!
With all of this in mind I decided to try working out at home for a month and see how it went… After 4 weeks of home workouts, ranging between 7- 10 minutes of high intensity, little to no rest breaks and attention to strength and cardio movements I’m happy to say that I lost weight and feel great! With these 10 minute full body workouts at home I have been able to achieve my fitness goals and be with my family at the same time. Check out the workouts I did below and see more information on the benefits of a full body workout at home.
What are the benefits of a full body workout at home?
A doctor answering a question from the Mayo Clinic website wrote that the Department of Health and Human Services recommends healthy adults get 75 minutes of vigorous aerobic activity a week. Now I’ve never been accused of being good at math but if I do a 10-minute workout every day I will be at 70 minutes for the week. That’s pretty close and, some more math, tells me that 70 out of 75 is 93%. I can’t speak for you but being a C student throughout high school I would be thrilled to receive a 93% for anything!
How do I decide what full body workout to do?
I switch it up everyday and do a variety of exercises ranging between yoga, HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training), strength, cardio and mobility. I don’t decide what workout I am going to do until right before I work out. Depending how I feel will dictate which kind of workout I choose. If I feel good and mobile, I will do a HIIT workout, if I feel slow and sluggish, I will do a yoga or strength workout, something that is a little slower paced. Finally, I know that I need to challenge myself sometimes so even if I’m not feel super excited about doing a hard workout, I will give it a try and often once I get started it’s easy to get through it because I know I only have 10 minutes!
Now that I have made the case for 10 minute full body workouts below are some of the workouts that I do. I cycle through these on a regular basis and try to find new ones on YouTube!
Workout 1 – Yoga
Workout 2 – Cardio
Workout 3 – Strength
Workout 4 – Explosive Cardio
Workout 5 – Yoga
Workout 6 – Full Body
Workout 7 – Strength
See all our Under Ten Fitness workouts on Youtube.
Find more 10 minute workouts only available in our premium members area and try if free for 1 month using the promo code: utf
And as always remember – Stay Motivated!
Become a Premium Member Today for:
- Monthly workout programs – Every workout for the entire week.
- Access to member’s forum to reach out to other members and stay motivated.
- Access to private Facebook page.
- Access to a personal trainer to ask questions.
- New videos released monthly.
- 20% of sales go to non-profits in the Pikes Peak area.
- Get fit and help the community at the same time!