How to get motivated to workout?
Why do you need to be motivated to workout in the first place? Well, that’s a good question and the short answer is, motivated people get stuff done! Motivation drives you to finish what you start and often guides you through until the task is completed. All too often once the motivation is gone the goal dies along with it.
Here we will give some of our top tips on how to get motivated to workout. Also, at the end of the post we will share some easy workouts that you can do at home for a great full body workout.
One of the first things you will need to do is establish a goal. Knowing where you are going is an important part of the process, setting miles stones will be an important part of your success and will allow you to track your progress and evaluate your plan.
A simple goal for now would be just working out. Nothing more than that is a good start, can you commit to simply working out for 10 minutes a day 7 days a week? These don’t have to be hard workouts and can be as easy as you’d like. The important part is committing to exercise every day.
Here are some of our top tips on how to get motivated to workout:
- Progress and improvements – You will get a big boost in confidence when you see small changes. It proves that you are making progress and this makes it easier to stay the course. Record your workouts, take body weight and measurements. Make sure you have a way to record if you’re making improvements.
- Tell someone your plan – I set higher expectations for myself when I know others are watching. WARNING! There is a fine line between getting others help and opening yourself up to criticism, if you have someone else helping you with this make sure they understand their role is for support and not to tell you when you screw up!
- Invite someone to join you – Some people work better in groups! Is there anyone in your life who might be in the same situation and want to join you? Having a workout buddy will be a huge motivator knowing you have another person relying on you.
- A body in motion stays in motion – Try not to sit down or get settled in once you get home for the day. Instead start working out immediately so you’ll be done and guilt free. This way you don’t have to try to pry yourself off the couch and away from the TV.
- Do something you enjoy – Do a workout you really enjoy when you’re feeling sluggish, this will make it easier to motivate yourself. Not every workout needs to be super hard and having an easy back up workout will be a life saver.
- Positive reinforcement – Give yourself a small reward after each workout or a larger reward after you’ve done a week of consistent workouts. This will help you feel better about what you are doing and will give another smaller goal to work towards.
Want more motivation in your ear holes?
Check out our podcast where you can hear our conversation on how to get motivated to workout. Under Ten Fitness Podcasts
Get free workouts sent to your email and sign up for our mailing list!
And as always remember – Stay Motivated!
Error: No connected account.
Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account.