The winner of the $100 May challenge is announced as well as your twitter questions on this episode of Under Ten Fitness.
A common question for health and fitness professionals is “How do I lose fat in a specific area!?” This question sucks because unfortunately there is no way to specifically target fat loss in a trouble area. While it would be awesome to be able to do an exercise and only lose weight in our stomach so that we could have those washboard abs, that’s not how the body works.
If you’re looking to lose weight in a certain area the best thing you could do is lose weight over all and eventually you will lose the weight you were hoping to lose in the first place.
Also sometimes we have to be happy with what we have and who we are. Don’t get caught up trying to look like a certain person. People are built differently and just like we can’t make ourselves taller we can’t make out cheek bones and other body parts act a certain way either. We need to be happy with who we are and accept and love ourselves. Don’t get me wrong it’s good to try and become better but be realistic about your goals.
Finally how do you lose weight and still eat normally? This question really depends on your definition of normal. Is normal eating fast food and take-out every night? If so then eating normal and losing weight could be very difficult but if normal means still being able to enjoy a hamburger with french fries and a bowl of ice cream from time to time, then eating normal should be relatively easy. I believe in eating healthy 80% of the time and eating what ever the heck I want the other 20% of the time. Using this method I have been able to maintain not only my sanity but also my slim figure! The key is to find what works for you!
For more information listen to this episode of Under Ten Fitness.
And as always remember – Stay Motivated!